:: BINARY ::
How to exchange binary files with this BBS
1st: How to send a binary file to the BBS:
- Enter the send command as usual and the title
- Enter any text as usual, e.g. instructions or information
- Start the autobin or DIDADIT send in your terminal to send the file.
After the transfer is complete the file will be closed automatically and the
BBS sends a CRC and the prompt. No "nnnn" or Ctrl-Z is needed to close the
file. Filenames have to be less than 50 characters, if they are longer they
will be truncated, but filename extension will be kept.
2nd: How to read a binary file from the BBS:
- Start the autobin in your terminal if it is not done automatically
- Send the read command to the BBS as usual, the BCM BBS starts the autobin
automatically. How and where the files are saved depends on your terminal
Binary mails/files are marked with (BIN) in front of the title at DIR/LIST.
This happens automatically. The title the user typed in appears after (BIN).
See also HELP ALTER BINMODE, HELP YAPP and HELP DIDADIT